Old 03-04-2006, 04:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Default Mimosa trees in Texas

They are very invasive. They put up shoots in your yard 30 to 50 ft from
the tree. This is usually overcome by mowing regularly, but I just didnt
like them that much.

Dwayne

"Richard Miller" wrote in message
I'm building a house in the Dallas area and have a 5 foot extra long drive
way which I'm going to put
Mimosa trees 3 on each side so they can grow and touch each other over the
drive way and I'll trim them to create a tunnel effect so when I drive my
car into my garage I'll be driving through a tunnel of flowery

Mimosa trees. Sounds pretty nice. What's the downside?

Richard