Old 03-04-2006, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
jeffrey lohn

Default Help! Thumb not green

Help! for 2 summers in a row we have tried to plant grass in a part of
our tiny tiny urban backyard(Manhattan, NYC)... we're talking about a
"lawn" of apprx 120 sq. feet. The first time we tried seeds.. that didnt
work... squirrels seemed to dig up much of what we planted. so last year
we tried sod.. but that didn't work either... it slowly kind of
disappeared.. and/or browned out... and squirrels also dug in the sod.
Any suggestions for our 3rd try will be greatly appreciated (the area
gets roughly half day of direct sun and half day of moderate shade)