Old 03-04-2006, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins

Default Seen a plant, dont know what it is, any ideas??

"K" wrote in message
Zarch writes

On a road i drive up most days there is a front garden with a dry stone
wall. Growing over the wall is a mass of green foliage with wonderful
purple flowers. (trailing about 50cm+ down)

I have only seen these from a distance, but the foliage looks like
small green leaves and so does the flower.

It also appears to be growing thru the cracks in the wall.

I would love to get some of this in my garden wall, but unsure what it
is.

Any ideas anyone?

At this time of year, usually Aubretia

Sounds like it although the OPs description of the foliage as being green
did not narrow it down much :-).
You can get it in garden centres all over UK but it comes in several
colours: some more red than purple and some quite
blue. You could end up buying one that was not quite the same as teh one
that caught your eye. I have never tried it but it looks like something
that would grow easily from cuttings. Do ask the owners though if you try
it.

--
Kay