Old 04-04-2006, 03:04 AM posted to rec.ponds
Ron in Radio Heaven

Default Plant question

I've been away from the group for a while.

I have a plant question,
more than a year ago I put a small bunch of Cilantro
in the filter, we didn't have much of a winter here in NC
and now that warm is here it has gone nuts.
The veggie filter is full of it as is the trickle tower.
Is it as good at filtering out the junk as Water hyacinths?
I got a box of hyacinths in the mail today and wonder
if I should take the cilantro out of the filter to make
room for the hyacinths.

Since the goldfish have gotten big Water hyacinths don't
really get a chance to grow in the pond since the fish eat
the roots off.

Ron in NC