Old 05-04-2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
J.R. in MI

Default im new here and need HUGE amounts of help

Andrew Ostrander wrote:
The fastest growing plant I have any experience with is tobacco, or its
flowering form, nicotiana. Petunias are also fast, and so are nasturtiums
but I think tobacco beats them. Oops, forget petunias. They grow fast but
they start off very tiny and take a long time to become even small.
Nasturtiums, on the other hand, have a large seed to start with. Can you
plant a coconut and count it, even if it doesn't sprout?

Swiss Chard or mustard come to mind for fast growing leafy plants. The
Swiss Chard is probably heavier. Is that what your looking for?