Old 05-04-2006, 09:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar

Default String Beans Choices

On 5 Apr 2006 12:01:17 -0700, "aem" wrote:

TQ wrote:
What/s your suggestion for a bush string bean variety for succession
planting in a Zone 7 square-foot garden?

How many row-feet do you plant to get a few dinner-for-three/s worth a week?

There's now a bush variety of French haricots verts, called "Rolande."
Available from Renee's Garden and probably other places. I would
succession plant several of them, since bush beans tend to mature all
at once. -aem

I plant all my green beans at once, but am very careful to keep them
picked. They will produce a long time if picked clean.

I know the general consensus is to do as you advise and in any garden
that is planted for a 2nd crop, it is nice to free up some space along
the way.

Boron