Old 06-04-2006, 02:45 AM posted to austin.gardening
Linda

Default need info on seeds for Cotton

Been in Texas about 9 months. I have been looking for seeds to put in
a few plants of good ol' cotton. But guess what? Do you think I can
find any? Or even a source? There ought to be sources all over this
part of the country; maybe I just don't know where to go! And I
understand there is more than one kind--something about a colored cotton
(does that mean just the plant?).

Or is there some agricultural ban on having cotton in local
gardens....did I see somthing about possible diseases that could spread
to cotton farmers?

I'm in San Antolnio. Please let me know if you know how I can get some
seed. Yeah, I know, it sounds silly, but being from up north I want to
plant a few on my patio for fun. A year or two ago I bought a packet of
seeds that was for sale right in there among all the garden seeds...

Thanks ;-)