Old 06-04-2006, 04:58 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Beano

Default Bonsai troubles

Oh well, if anyone replied I can't see it

Beano wrote:
Hi,

I posted once before but was not able to see any replies so hopefully
it will work this time!

I have 2 bonsai which I set up myself. One is a Melaleuca snowfire and
the other is a dwarf lilly pilly. I kind of forgot to water recently
for about 4 days, but I figured it would be ok since it was raining
occasionally throughout that time period. I was also very busy and
away from my house so I didn't check on them. Anyway, yesterday, the
leaves on both have dried and wilted and lost some green. They aren't
brown, but I suspect they might fall off.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but we are in Autumn now and the nights
are getting cooler, is it possible that the leaves are just dropping
because they are deciduous? Are they deciduous even? I thought they
were. I hope they will be ok.

I have had issues with these trees before not getting enough light -
the leaves did the same thing as they are doing now. I put them
outside and new leaves came along so it turned out ok. Hope that
happens again this time!!

Any ideas for keeping them stress free in the mean time?