Old 06-04-2006, 02:02 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Jo

Default Strawberry farm recommendation?

Martha Stallmann wrote:
How about an organic pick-your-own strawberry farm? Is there one around
here? Strawberries are high on the list of fruits on which pesticides are
used. For years I have been eating lots of strawberries either from the
Farmer's Market or the pick-your-own places, but now I'm beginning to worry
about the chemicals.

-Martha

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
link.net...

Hi,

Does anyone have a recommendation for one of the pick-your-own strawberry
farms? Not too far from Raleigh/Cary/Morrisville area is preferred. And
are any open yet?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Hi Martha,

This is a CSA but they are organic.
http://www.hilltopfarms.org/

The Durham Farmers Market is a bit more Organic Friendly.

http://www.durhamfarmersmarket.com/vendorlist.mgi

There is a good site for pick your own.

http://www.pickyourown.org

I also do the organic thing growing and eating. I am starting my own
strawberries this year. Hoping to do well with them.

Jo