Old 06-04-2006, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bigjon

Default Electric Chainsaw

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:05:06 +0100, Mike wrote:

When the birds have finished nesting, (Blackbirds, Greenfinch and Pigeons)
we want to prune back the Leylandii, however it has got a bit too big for
the loppers and I thought a lightweight electric chainsaw would be OK. But,
can you hire them or are we toooooooooooooooooooo PC and not allowed to?
Anyone know before I make a fool of myself at a Hire Shop?

Mike

You can hire leccy or petrol in the UK, you will get a safety kit (helmet,
gogs, gloves, body armour etc) and an instruction video, if you go to a
reputable high street small plant hire firm - but don't expect a
"man-sized" chain saw, you can only hire one up to 20" IIRC