Old 06-04-2006, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Seen a plant, dont know what it is, any ideas??

Zarch wrote:
On a road i drive up most days there is a front garden with a dry stone
wall. Growing over the wall is a mass of green foliage with wonderful
purple flowers. (trailing about 50cm+ down)
I have only seen these from a distance, but the foliage looks like
small green leaves and so does the flower.
It also appears to be growing thru the cracks in the wall.
I would love to get some of this in my garden wall, but unsure what it
is.
Any ideas anyone?

Like this?! (This one's not mine, mine's controlled in a raised stone
bed with a perpetual sweet pea).

http://cjoint.com/?egpf6PLh4y

And that's aubretia like others suggested )