Old 07-04-2006, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
anasttin

Default Why won't my garden grow?

Thanks David. I'm in Victoria near Bacchus Marsh.

Water should be ok and soil was topsoil bought from a garden place.

I was planting peas, carrots, lettus, onions, corn, cucumber,
watermelon and similar stuff.

I tried planting in early summer, then late summer (which met
requirements on seed packets).

Soil moisture was sometimes dry and sometimes moist depending on the
weather when I watered.

Temperature varied from warm to hot (25 to 35 degrees celcius).

Wildlife is rabbits, birds and frogs but I fenced off for the former.

I haven't checked at night but dont see many snails and slugs.

What do you think?

Thanks for the help