Old 07-04-2006, 03:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne

Default Tomato seed germination time?

My house was build with the hot water heater, and the house heater in the
same small room. It maintains a constant 72F/22C temperature in there. I
put up some small shelves and a small light and start my seeds there. As
soon as they are up, I remove them to a room that gets a lot more sunlight.

Dwayne

"DanielCoffey" wrote in message
I have potted my first few tomato seeds here in Scotland, UK, and I am
wondering how long they take to germinate?

They are in seed compost/vermiculite in a propagator without heater.
It's been pretty cold at night and not too warm in the day. I've been
moving it around to catch whatever sun I can find, which isn't a lot
at the moment.

6 days and counting so far...