Old 07-04-2006, 06:03 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default when can i replace dead pond goldfish

Do a 50% water change, wait till the temperatures of the water get up in
the 70's (if buying inside fish), take a water sample to the Fish Store.
If all checks out, buy 2 GF. ~ jan

"DB01" wrote:

I live in berkshire, se england

the temp. was not worse than previous years but was a very sudden drop
I think the waters OK cos one of the 3 frogs from last year has appeared

Frogs can put up with different water parameters than fish. They don't have
to "breath" the water. )

thanx for the quick responces. Is there any test i ca carry out?

The tests I recommend are Ammonia, Nitrite, pH & KH. Results from those
tell me the most about someone's pond. Your local fish/pet store may test
the water for you. Gill would know what is offered in your part of the
world, as she is far closer to you, by a few miles, than I. ;o) ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a