Old 07-04-2006, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Caterpillar spray?

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Andrew Hickley" wrote
I don't know what the active ingredient was, but I used to have some
spray on/water on powder that would kill off the massive caterpillar
attacks that denuded my brassicas. Does anyone know of a similar
product?

Yes, it was probably the BT [bacillus thuringiensis] stuff that I
also used, totally organic and worked a treat. It is a disease of
caterpillars you spray onto the plants and once they eat it they die
after a couple of days. Probably unable to buy it now although I have
some left.

Good stuff. I was given some by a market gardener, as, like many such
things, it wasn't available in amateur quantities. I think we come up
against economics here.

--
Mike.