Old 08-04-2006, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Mister Gardener

Default VHO vs. Standard Fluorescent

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 22:38:02 -0700, "Daniel Morrow"
wrote:

You wouldn't believe what some hydroponics experts use! ;-) I have heard
tales of them using 1000+ watter metal halides for their hydroponics works!
If you think 175 watts is the sun wait until you see some of those 1000+
watters! Man - think of the energy consumption! Only money blocks the use of
such raw power of light! 175 watts is reasonable in comparison! Good luck -
and yeah - compact fluorescent is still a good way to go.... Good luck all
and later!

The only hydroponics people that I know are turning a very nice profit
on their crops, and can easily afford the expensive and extensive
lighting.

-- Mister Gardener