Old 08-04-2006, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
netDenizen

Default VHO vs. Standard Fluorescent

The only hydroponics people that I know are turning a very nice profit
on their crops, and can easily afford the expensive and extensive
lighting.

Well, in Ontario we get hydroponic lettuce in the grovery store. Also
hothouse tomatoes, although they may not be hydroponic. In Newfoundland
they had a hydroponic cucumber growing operation, but it may have been a
bit of a scam.

Then again in Barrie, Ontario an illegal grow-op in a former brewery was
shut down by police. It seemed an interesting change of product for the
brewery building, and right on major highways for deliveries.

Back on topic, the local hobbyist-type hydroponics store is a great
place for aquarium plant fertilizer ingredients!