Old 09-04-2006, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default conservatory plants

Cheryl writes
I have discovered that plants from the succulent family do very well in my
conservatory. Mine have doubled in size over the winter in our unheated
conservatory.

Except that there isn't a single succulent family - plants from several
different families have developed succulent leaves. So being succulent
isn't necessarily a guarantee of success in a conservatory.

"Space" wrote in message
How about aloe vera? however soneone here can comment about how this
survives the cold. i have one which is in the direction of a very cold
draught and it is doing very well.

it really is a lovely plant.

"Mac" wrote in message ...
hi, i need help in picking a couple of plants for my conservatory. i
would
like the plants to be green all year round and be able to cope with

extreme
weather. all help appreciated. please reply to newsgroups.

thanks in advance.

mac

--
Kay