Old 10-04-2006, 03:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Devonshire

Default butterfly gardens

On the day of 9 Apr 2006 15:17:14 -0700...
"monmark"
typed these letters:

hello I'm new to this whole gwrden thing and I was wondering if there
is anyone who could tell me anything about butterfly gardens.

I don't know anything about "Butterfly Gardens". If the purpose
is to attract Butterflies, look into a butterfly bush (Buddleja
davidii). If space is a concern... Butterfly bushes can become
quite unruly.

Look into Milkweed if you want Monarch butterflies. Monarch
butterflies lay their eggs only on milkweed leaves.

These plants thrive and attract butterflies in central North Carolina.
I don't know about the rest of the world. Do a little research on
growing these plants in your area.