Old 10-04-2006, 11:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Garden Viking

Default To Bag- or not to bag?

Jeez.... Dude, I bag every 4th cut to prevent this type of argument. Also I
use the clippings in my veggie garden for the nitro. But I start in the
middle of my yard and side discharge towards outbound and get wider and
wider, blowing to the outer edge. When I get to where I am blowing the
clippings ( or leaves in the fall) past the end, I then put on the bag, and
I only have to empty the bag a few times, and I'm back inside reading the
stupid comments in here....

"Jos. Wheeler" joe@csa wrote in message
I've got a well established 31 tall fescue lawn growing in Atlanta's hot
clay soil (nicest one in the neighborhood, actually). I've always used the
grass catcher on my mower but I'm getting tired of emptying the bag all
the time.

If I just let the clippings spray out onto the lawn, would I get thatch
build-up--- or would the clipping just disintegrate? And how bad is thatch
anyhow?

Jos.