Old 10-04-2006, 08:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Radio Free America

Default Helleborus?

Helleborus looks like a cool perennial for here in the Denver area.
They say it blooms in late winter. How neat.

It's also supposed to be good for shade and part shade. The area
where I'd like to plant some, is on an embankment that's mostly
shaded by some trees in summer but of course they have no leaves in
winter, but I guess that would be ok for this plant?

They also say it's evergreen. Really? Here in Denver or in southern
climates?

But I see the seed sellers on Ebay are only selling a few seeds at
a time and they're pricey. Why is that? It isn't one of those
plants that's very hard to get seeds started for, is it?

Do the seeds take like 6 months to germinate or anything?

I like more of a sure thing, where I can just plant seeds and they
go for it.