Old 10-04-2006, 09:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Crocus and Daffodil planting

"sockiescat" wrote in message

Doug Kanter "Lady Liberty"
wrote in
message ...
Can I buy and plant crocus and daffodil bulbs now, so they bloom in
late summer?

Will they do that ok?

In addition to what enigma said, beware of buying pots of spring bulbs
that
are already blooming. The flowers don't last that long, and then,
you're
left with bulbs. They pot, soil & bulbs are way overpriced for what
you're
getting.

the potted flower prices here are nuts there is no way that i would
spend 6 to 10 dollars and more for a pot of flowers that has been
forced and wont last long enough to enjoy them so doug is sure right on
that point.
as well if u plant bulbs now they wont have the root base to flower for
one and also they are spring bloomers as enigma has mentioned. maybe
getting fall crocuses would be an answer otherwise look around your
garden center and see what other bulbs they have to offer u maybe u
will find something that u really like. good luck.
cyaaaaaa, sockiescat.

--
sockiescat

I see people buying them at Home Depot and I wonder what's going through
their heads. Hopefully, they want them for centerpieces at a nice dinner in
the next 48 hours, and nothing else. Much of the time, the pots contain
tulips which are going to burst their petals any minute.