Old 10-04-2006, 11:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default New Sod Lawn w/ Weeds

Garden Viking wrote:
snip
I went to the Scotts website and

Did you try the monthly reminder part on their site? It narrows down that
timeframe considerably.

I am now signed up for their newsletter after buying the weed-b-gon max
and calling there support number to find out that it can't be used
until 3 mowings either.

snip
I also have an sprinkler system... does anyone have any links to good
practice watering? Like how much and how often?

Have you been watering? Can you pull up the "carpet" or is it rooted?

No, I have not been watering, just moved in a couple weeks ago, and
haven't set up the sprinkler system. The "carpet" is not rooted yet.

Water 2 1/2 " per week in the morning only every other day. Good deep
soakings.

Can do.

If you mow now, use a bagger to get those bloom tops until you have mowed 3
times and then put down the weed and feed.

Ok, that's what the person at the Scott's hotline told me, so that's
what I'll do. Thanks for the help.