Old 11-04-2006, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Cap

Default petrol mowers

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:22:39 +0100, "aj" wrote:

i have had it with cables!
what petrol mowers do you all use,are the own brand ones from focus/B&Q any
good or should i splash the cash.
my lawns front & back are just average size.
thanks.

I will add that I've become increasingly thoughtful about using my
2-stroke flymo, although I just love it's convenience. You now read
that they emit 100 x the pollution of a modern saloon car and there
you are a few feet away, huffing and puffing ! Maybe that's just me ?

Are four-strokes any improvement or are electics the only answer to
this particular concern or perhaps it's totally unfounded ?

Andy