Old 11-04-2006, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

Default Grass on water logged garden

The message

In article ,
Janet Baraclough writes:

| Pampas grass and cortaderia (toe-toe) grass both do spectacularly
| well in wet conditions. ...

But watch out for dog blood on the carpet, with the first at least!

None noticed yet. I'm not sure if this reflects the quality of our
dog, or our carpets :-)

I did a lot of work last year in what amounts to a pampas plantation,
many very old plants which dwarf me, and none of us had any problem with
cuts poking or slicing. I wonder if the blades are softer and less
razorlike when grown in a wet climate like this, than a dry one like
yours?

Janet