Old 11-04-2006, 04:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default shasta daisies

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would expect on the order of 15-20 of them. they'll be sandwich
between the house and some yews we just planted.

Well, unless you can get a hot deal on that quantity of year-old plants from
a local nursery, seeds are the way to go. Even with plants, they'll be a
little light on the flowers during the first year. After that, you'll be
inundated.

Another thought: They're nice plants, and almost impossible to kill once
they're established. But, on a 1 to 10 scale of "interesting", I'd say
they're a 6. Every garden needs some plants which don't need a lot of
coddling, and that's one reason for having some shastas. But...15-20 might
be overkill. There are so many other things that'll grow under those same
conditions. Why not mix in some others?