Old 11-04-2006, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default shasta daisies

wrote:
thanks for the responses. has anyone ever tried growing them from
seeds? are they relatively fast growing? (e.g. can i expect them to
bloom this season if i were to plant the seeds now?)

Yes, they are very easy to grow from seeds. Mine all grow from seeds.

But I didn't know that. I only wanted four. But I planted many just
in case they didn't grow well. I ended up getting way too many, and
had to plant the extras in place that I didn't plan to.

If I remember correctly, they didn't bloom in the first year.

Jay Chan