Old 11-04-2006, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

Default Dog poo in compost

Toxocara worms can migrate through the human gut wall into other
organs and may cause abortion, damage to unborn foetus, and blindness.
Infants and pregnant women are most at risk. There are several thousand
cases in the UK each year iirc.

That's the consideration for gardeners to make. NOT, the diet of the
pet concerned.

Bloomin' 'eck Janet, how will I know if I have this worm wriggling away
inside me? My daughter brought her very bad dog to stay for the
weekend, he was so upset when she went out that he pooed everywhere.
BTW he is not coming again!
--
Judith Lea