Old 11-04-2006, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
foo

Default Sterile Peppers?

Hi. I have been growing peppers since OCTOBER of 2005 and they are now
flowering. Granted, they were grown indoors under weak daylight
florescent bulbs but I reckon this has been way too long.

I do not not much about gardening so please don't chastise me. I am
noticing that the peppers (which are now standing 2' tall and not
root-bound) are flowering over-and-over again and not producing fruit.

My guess is that they are not being pollinated and as such they won't
produce fruit. I could be wrong, of course.

My other guess which is that perhaps that plants are sterile? Is it
possible I got bad seeds? Would they even flower?

I have *tons* of flowering points on my pepper plants and they
gradually fall off and the tips die off. I can only guess this is
because they have not been pollinated by a bee, bug, whatever. I am
concerned because these plants, if pollinated, would now produce a huge
yield based on their size. Right now they are about two feet tall
which is about a foot higher than i've grown them in the past. I'd
*really* love for them to produce fruit.

I am putting them outside now thats it warmer here in the mid-atlantic
in hopes of them being pollinating by a nice bee or such.

Am I off base here? Will someone please correct me or affirm my
suspicions?

Very much appreciated!

Thanks!