Old 11-04-2006, 11:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Natty Dread

Default Question about liriope

I have a number of variegated liriope in my front yard planting beds that
never completely died back this year because we had a mild winter. Tiny new
blades are emerging from the center of the plants, but the outer blades have
dry ragged edges and just look limp and tired. Should I cut the plants back
to the ground to let the new growth take over, or just cut off the ragged
tips, maybe down one or two inches? TIA for any info.

Rhonda
Richmond, VA
USDA Zone 7

********
Basic human psychology is one of my subroutines.