Old 11-04-2006, 11:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Natty Dread

Default Question about liriope

I have a number of variegated liriope in my front yard planting beds that
never completely died back this year because we had a mild winter. Tiny new
blades are emerging from the center of the plants, but the outer blades have
dry ragged edges and just look limp and tired. Should I cut the plants back
to the ground to let the new growth take over, or just cut off the ragged
tips, maybe down one or two inches? TIA for any info.

Rhonda
Richmond, VA
USDA Zone 7

********
Basic human psychology is one of my subroutines.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Chop 'em back if you don't mind the look. Liriope is very hard to
kill.I thin mine out with a heavy metal rake and rip them up by the
roots to get the dead off. It comes back green and happy.

Do you know anything about pond building? the Pond chat group is
talking about Jesus or something. (I don't recall Jesus having a pond,
so I think maybe their conversation is pretty worthless to me).