Old 12-04-2006, 02:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Default Hose-end dispenser for herbicide (Gilmour?)

Steveo wrote:
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:
At one time, I used a Gilmour product to spray herbicide or fertilizer
on the lawn. It was a bottle with spray nozzle that attached to the
hose. I primarily used it for herbicide for broad-leaf weeds and used
it selectively in limited areas of the lawn. The plastic bottle could
hold liquid product, and a dial on the sprayer head was rotated to
select the correct amount to be dispensed. The herbicide or fertilizer
would be mixed with water when the faucet was turned on and the handle
of the sprayer was depressed.

This worked very well, but I have not been able to find one for a long
time. It was made by Gilmour, but I don't see the item on their web
site (and email bounced back). Does anyone know if the item can still
be found, or possibly a similar product? It was much easier on my back
than using a spray cannister.

Thanks,
MaryL

Hi Mary.

There's other makes and models on the market but I can't vouch for their
accuracy. It's nice when you find a model you're comfortable with.

Have you tried emailing the manufacturer?

Duh..you said the email bounced, never mind.