Old 12-04-2006, 06:35 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Books & articles descibing the major components of pond (aquatic system perspective).

Can anybodey recomend a good book (or internet article) on designing
ponds from a technical stand point (as in filters, substrate, plumbing,
settlment tanks, pumps & skimmers).

So far Ive dug a 6000ltr hole (level at the top and bricked around the
circumrrence) and built a 3.6mtr span bridge over it. I have also added
a soakwell to catch run off, but have not plubed it yet, nor lined the
pond.. I have also created a large briked in section capable of holding
a pump. Thus my hard labour part is done,,,,

I am interested in knowing what are the major components of a pond
(other than the basin) and what are main solotions employed to achive
each of the components.

Should my pond use substrate, what kind of fillters do what kind of
work, what materials are best. e.c.t.

I prefer a book that dosn't oversimplify things....

Any recomendations.

-dm