Old 12-04-2006, 07:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
MaryL

Default Hose-end dispenser for herbicide (Gilmour?)

"Warren" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:
At one time, I used a Gilmour product to spray herbicide or fertilizer on
the lawn. It was a bottle with spray nozzle that attached to the hose.
I primarily used it for herbicide for broad-leaf weeds and used it
selectively in limited areas of the lawn. The plastic bottle could hold
liquid product, and a dial on the sprayer head was rotated to select the
correct amount to be dispensed. The herbicide or fertilizer would be
mixed with water when the faucet was turned on and the handle of the
sprayer was depressed.

This worked very well, but I have not been able to find one for a long
time. It was made by Gilmour, but I don't see the item on their web site
(and email bounced back). Does anyone know if the item can still be
found, or possibly a similar product? It was much easier on my back than
using a spray cannister.

Here's a 2-pack for under $25:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...holzemville-20

You can use one for fertilizer, and a second for herbicides, and reduce
any cross-contamination.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Power Lawncare Tools for Spring Clean-up:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/

Thanks. This looks like the set to get. This one even comes from the
Gilmour group, but (as with a previous message) does not look at good as in
the past -- the dial looks like basic plastic instead of the nicer dial they
once had. Still, it will *not* get frequent use. And, yes, I do need two.
I always keep herbicides separate from other applications and *never* mix
the two, not even after thorough cleaning.

MaryL