Old 13-04-2006, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Ivy shreddings

One of our daughters has just bought a house, got the keys yesterday :-))
and a Holly Tree in the garden has been swamped by an Ivy. Not only the Tree
but it has gone into the greenhouse and almost taken that over.

Question. When we cut the Ivy right back, find the inside of the greenhouse
and liberate the Holly Tree, can the Ivy be shredded and put into the 'new'
compost heap, or is it toxic and will thus never be any good?

8 x 6 greenhouse in perfect condition and not a plant in it, except Ivy

Mike