Old 13-04-2006, 12:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default shasta daisies

"Lynn" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote:
thanks for the responses. has anyone ever tried growing them from
seeds? are they relatively fast growing? (e.g. can i expect them to
bloom this season if i were to plant the seeds now?)

Yes, they are very easy to grow from seeds. Mine all grow from seeds.

But I didn't know that. I only wanted four. But I planted many just
in case they didn't grow well. I ended up getting way too many, and
had to plant the extras in place that I didn't plan to.

If I remember correctly, they didn't bloom in the first year.

Jay Chan

Hi,
So I take it it I should not of planted a package of seeds into 3 little
pots hoping for a nice slightly rounded potted plant to plant outside but
instead of used just one seed per pot?
I figured I would get one flower from one seed and wanted something bushy

lynn

Lynn, didn't you read the instructions on the packet??? Unless you have
seeds which you KNOW have a very high germination rate, or are very large,
you plant two per pot. If both seeds sprout, you wait a few days and then
pinch off one of them.