View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Old 14-04-2006, 02:41 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2006
Default Need some advice concering my pond

I have a pond in my small garden, in Tel-Aviv Israel. For the last 10 years I didn't use any filter, pump or food, the fish looked very happy and there where no deaths or illnesses, mother earth took care of the pond.

recently I decided I want clear water so I can see the fish, so I added a bio filter with a pump (4000 L/h 1000 G/h), built a waterfall & added some plants, the pond holds 2500 Liters(660 Gallons), it's 6 hours in the sun, the water temperature is 25C (75F), and the PH level is 7.4

so now you have the background and you have an image attached, I have two questions :

1. I brought a beautiful hardy water Lilly (Nymphaea 'Marliacea Albida') that we're blooming in the shop and had another bloom on the way, I put the plant in the water (60cm deep-like in the shop), the flower bloomed for 3 days and then never opened again and went back into the water, the other closed bloom, that were on the way, got detached from the mother plant after a few days. is it natural ? adjusting to the new environment ? Will it bloom again this year?
2. the water looked clear and beautiful for a week and then became green-brown including the waterfall stones, the fish still look happy and energetic and the plants green and fresh, will the water become clear again after the pond will balance it-self

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Need some advice concering my pond-mypond.jpg