Old 14-04-2006, 06:17 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Yo, Jan...

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:01:20 -0400, "Gareee©" wrote:

I'm considering moving the filter/pump outside the pond as you recommended.
(Just hadda mess with it yet again.)

I'm still not clear how you can have a pump higher then the pond, and have
it pulling water up, so it doesn't run dry.

Well.... you can't with a submersible pump similar to what you describe.
You have to have the filter water level, level with the pond (assuming
you're making a filter similar to what I have on my website with 55 gallon
barrels)?

Otherwise you have to leave the pump in the pond, pumping up to either the
top or bottom (I prefer bottom/upflow) of the filter, to spill out and down
the water fall. ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~