Old 14-04-2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gareee©

Default Yo, Jan...

"~ janj" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:01:20 -0400, "Gareee©"
wrote:

I'm considering moving the filter/pump outside the pond as you
recommended.
(Just hadda mess with it yet again.)

I'm still not clear how you can have a pump higher then the pond, and have
it pulling water up, so it doesn't run dry.

Well.... you can't with a submersible pump similar to what you describe.
You have to have the filter water level, level with the pond (assuming
you're making a filter similar to what I have on my website with 55 gallon
barrels)?

Otherwise you have to leave the pump in the pond, pumping up to either the
top or bottom (I prefer bottom/upflow) of the filter, to spill out and
down
the water fall. ~ jan

That's about what I thought. I'll plan on the in pond pump, and then some
filter setup before the water goes into the upper pondlet/waterfall.

BTW, and good method of screening the in pond pump, rather then the "milk
crate" filter? I'd perfer something that prevents salamanders and leaf
debris from entering the pump, but does not act like a filter that needs to
be cleaned every week or two.

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)