Old 14-04-2006, 12:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
- Tom -

Default john adamson

"George.com" wrote in message

"- Tom -" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message

"- Tom -" wrote in message

"john adamson" wrote in

message

Large nest in the corner of shed
I have a large nest in the corner of my gareden shed, this is made
of
all sorts of materials from my compost bin which is attatched to the
back. It is about two feet long by one foot high and one foot deep.
dont want to disturb it as it might be a hedgehog in hibernation,
but
then again it might be rats, in which case I would like to get rid.
Anyone got any sugestions?

Two points: one, it's *your* shed, not the freeloader's and two,
anything still in hibernation smaller than a bear needs to have its
ass
kicked out of there. I like the pitchfork idea.
In the extreme, put its head on a pike as a warning to other
freeloaders.

Tom

or a gentle stirring with the pitchfork may be more humane. Just

consider
how you would like your wife to rouse you from bed every morning and

then
extend the same courtesy to the sleeping animal. A cup of tea and toast
may
not go amiss.

rob

Mmm, I'll forward your reply to my wife. The pitchfork thing - I got
that idea from her. Now I awaken early.

are you used to your wife sticking you with a pitchfork first thing in the
morning?

rob

rob, let's stick to the topic. Have you any other methods for removing
cornered critters from a shed's interior? Ideally, the methods would
minimize any chance of personal injury by the alarmed animal as it sought an
escape route. In my experience, cornered critters cannot be counted on to
react like a (Walt) Disney character. On occasion, their reactions can cause
an adrenalin rush in the shed's owner.

Tom