Old 14-04-2006, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David W.E. Roberts

Default Instant bedding for East facing border in South facing garden?

Hi,

just had two gardeners go through our shrubs and borders with fire and the
sword.

This was much needed - we haven't had much time over the last year and it
was a jungle.

We now fancy some colour to brighten the borders.

The main one is East facing, and shaded in the afternoon by shrubs, a fence,
neighbour's hedge etc.

I assume this is 'partial shade' as it gets the sun (when clouds permit) in
the morning.

What kind of stuff would be good to give a splash of colour now?

Being in a coastal location I think that we have seen the last of the
frosts.

TIA
Dave R