Old 14-04-2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob

Default Q for madgardener Cornus mas

My cherry tree died last year. I'm thinking about replacing it with a
cornelian cherry because Wife wants something with some fall color. You
posted a couple of years ago that your Cornus mas was blooming too early
(mid January). Did it set fruit that year or get blasted?

How quickly do these trees grow, and is the fruit any good? There's a
nursery in Oregon that sells large-fruited named varieties, but I'll
probably just go with whatever seedlings they sell at the local nursery.

Thanks, and best regards,
Bob, in zone 4