Old 15-04-2006, 02:15 AM posted to rec.ponds
Pat

Default Need some advice concering my pond

"zigi11" wrote in message

I have a pond in my small garden, in Tel-Aviv Israel. For the last 10
years I didn't use any filter, pump or food, the fish looked very happy
and there where no deaths or illnesses, mother earth took care of the
pond.

recently I decided I want clear water so I can see the fish, so I added
a bio filter with a pump (4000 L/h 1000 G/h), built a waterfall & added
some plants, the pond holds 2500 Liters(660 Gallons), it's 6 hours in
the sun, the water temperature is 25C (75F), and the PH level is 7.4

so now you have the background and you have an image attached, I have
two questions :

1. I brought a beautiful hardy water Lilly (Nymphaea 'Marliacea
Albida') that we're blooming in the shop and had another bloom on the
way, I put the plant in the water (60cm deep-like in the shop), the
flower bloomed for 3 days and then never opened again and went back
into the water, the other closed bloom, that were on the way, got
detached from the mother plant after a few days. is it natural ?

Blooms last only a few days and then die.

adjusting to the new environment ? Will it bloom again this year?
2. the water looked clear and beautiful for a week and then became
green-brown including the waterfall stones,

Fish like to root in the dirt.

the fish still look happy
and energetic and the plants green and fresh, will the water become
clear again after the pond will balance it-self

Thanks

|Filename: MyPond.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2899|

zigi11