Old 15-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Alchemist Alchemist is offline
Registered User

Default What do you think of my statues, pots and garden ornaments?

Hi,

I have found a way of coating stone and terracotta with real bronze and have begun using it to make bronze coated statues, pots and garden ornaments. Although I have been making things for myself and friends for a while now I have only recently begun trying to sell them to others and would be interested in the opinions of other keen gardeners.

My sculptures look, feel and age/ weather like solid bronze but without the expense. The surface is real bronze, so unlike bronze look, bronze finish or "bronze effect" pieces they take on a character of their own. The rain, sun and other weather conditions constantly alter the appearance of the green verdigris that forms on the bronze and settles in the grooves and crevices.

I have set up a website with photos of my pieces www.alchemistsgarden.com . So if you are interested take a look and if you don't mind giving me some feedback I would greatly appreciate it.