Old 15-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Registered User

Default What do you think of my statues, pots and garden ornaments?

Hi,

I have found a way of coating stone and terracotta with real bronze and have begun using it to make bronze coated statues, pots and garden ornaments. Although I have been making things for myself and friends for a while now I have only recently begun trying to sell them to others and would be interested in the opinions of other keen gardeners.

My sculptures look, feel and age/ weather like solid bronze but without the expense. The surface is real bronze, so unlike bronze look, bronze finish or "bronze effect" pieces they take on a character of their own. The rain, sun and other weather conditions constantly alter the appearance of the green verdigris that forms on the bronze and settles in the grooves and crevices.

I have set up a website with photos of my pieces www.alchemistsgarden.com . So if you are interested take a look and if you don't mind giving me some feedback I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 16-04-2006, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Alchemist" wrote in message

[...]

Alchemist

I'm personally not a lover of your style of statues/pots, but they look OK if
you like that sort of thing :~)

Nice site. Black backgrounds always look good :~)
Jenny

Old 16-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyC

I'm personally not a lover of your style of statues/pots, but they look OK if
you like that sort of thing :~)

Nice site. Black backgrounds always look good :~)
Jenny
Thanks for your feedback, jenny.

When I've got myself a bit more established I'd like to expand my range. I started with these pieces as I felt that they worked well with the bronze with plenty of nice grooves and crevices for the verdigris to settle in and I wanted a selection of different sorts of ornaments (i.e. a couple of statues, a couple of birdbaths, a couple of pots etc.)

If anyone has any ideas of the sorts of things they think would be popular or any other thoughts or advice it would all be gratefully recieved.
Old 17-04-2006, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Alchemist wrote:
JennyC Wrote:

I'm personally not a lover of your style of statues/pots, but they look
OK if
you like that sort of thing :~)

Nice site. Black backgrounds always look good :~)
Jenny

Thanks for your feedback, jenny.

When I've got myself a bit more established I'd like to expand my
range. I started with these pieces as I felt that they worked well with
the bronze with plenty of nice grooves and crevices for the verdigris to
settle in and I wanted a selection of different sorts of ornaments (i.e.
a couple of statues, a couple of birdbaths, a couple of pots etc.)

If anyone has any ideas of the sorts of things they think would be
popular or any other thoughts or advice it would all be gratefully
recieved.

I don't know how your site works with other browsers, but I use
SeaMonkey and the price tags are obliterated with the "Add to Basket"
button. Having a low boredom threshold I am not willing to click to
find the price.

--
Please do not reply to this Email address,
as all Emails are deleted before opened.
Old 17-04-2006, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:12:13 +0100, Broadback wrote
(in article ):

Alchemist wrote:
JennyC Wrote:

[...]

Same problem with the site here (Firefox on a Mac). Also, if I enlarge your
text it falls out of its box and becomes unreadable.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 17-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Registered User

Thanks everyone. I use internet explorer and would probably never have discovered these issues otherwise. Looks like I need to improve my website building skills and test it out on a selection of browsers.

Does anyone have any comments to make on the my actual pieces? Do people think they represent good value for money (well, those of you using browsers that show my prices!)? All feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks

Garden Ornaments and Statues LB2009 Marketplace 1 16-01-2012 12:29 PM
Lawn and Garden Statues [email protected] Lawns 0 20-10-2005 09:05 PM
Garden ornaments ~Roy~ Ponds 3 16-06-2005 01:14 AM
Making Hypertufa ornaments for you lawn and garden. Page updated fillyflash Gardening 0 22-02-2003 01:03 AM