Old 15-04-2006, 09:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Rotten parsley

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
My bed of parsley is doing really well except now and then a plant dies
over
a period of a week or two. The roots turn to mush and then the leaves
wither and turn yellow. I reckon it's a fungus attacking the roots.

The question is: what sort of fungus is it and how do I deal with it?

David

Where do you live? Are these plants that've been in the ground since last
summer, or new ones you installed this season? Describe the growing
conditions (shade, sun, etc) and what your weather's been like.