Old 15-04-2006, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Instant bedding for East facing border in South facing garden?

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote

Geranium is top of our list.

Violets sound very nice too.

Comfrey is making its presence felt around the garden already - again
the leaf to flower ratio is not favourable.

Euphorbias, anemone blanda, hellebores, hyacinths, pulmonaria and
primroses all putting up a good show of colour just now in east
facing/part shaded area in my garden. Dicentra will be following on
soon.

Is it just my imagination or are native primroses flowering even more
wonderfully than usual this year? I've got a lot of seedlings flowering
in the gravel round the house, so I spent a happy hour yesterday
transplanting some of them down into the wild area to join their cousins
that are flourishing there under hazel shrubs.

--
Sue