Old 14-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Jane Lumley

Default Must have books in your collection ?

In article , Tarzan
writes
re gardening books whats the favourites around here with readers?
one of my faves is Garden Flowers by Christopher LLoyd.
how would you rate the others ??

I like that one too, but the one I love best is Graham Stuart Thomas's
combined rose books. I also like the Peter Beales rose book, and the
Yates guide to growing roses (which is about Australia and quite
fascinating).

Otherwise for inspirational purposes I like Nori and Sandra Pope's book,
Marylyn Abbott, and for the moment I'm enjoying Jenny Joseph's book Led
By The Nose.

I don't just enjoy manuals, but also more diverse garden writing - Joan
Marble's book on her Italian garden is wonderful, for instance.
--
Jane Lumley