Old 15-04-2006, 04:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Haymish Pupkin

Default Bloated bream may need your help

Hello

We have 2 bream in our pond. One of the bream has bloated up like a balloon
and his scales are all sticking out like a pine cone. He/she also points his
head down at a 45degree angle and stays in the same place for ages. His/her
tail looks a bit raggy too.

I was hoping someone might be able to diagnose the problem and suggest a
suitable treatment.

Other info which might help.

The fish are in the bottom pond of a three tier system so oxygen should be
OK. There is also a oxygen stone in the bottom pool. We have just given the
pond a spring clean and the fish do look livlier and happier.

We have the following other fish in the same pool.

3 golden orfe - looking fine.
3 Goldfish - looking fine
1 more bream - looks OK
2 Koi - look like the have a couple of patches of fungus on them

Also: 3-4 large frogs which have laid lots of frogs spawn.
There are also 4 pots of water lillies and a large clump of irisis.

We add water conditioner when we add tap water and somethimes a little pond
salt but apart from that don't do much to the pond.

The pond has a filtration sytem with a UV lamp which is more than adequate
for it's size.

Hope someone can help

Regards

Haymish