Old 15-04-2006, 04:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
humBill

Default Pickerel problems

My 'guess' would be the depth. Most bog plants just prefer "their toes
wet"= only the roots and not the plant. I would leave it there and see what
happens. You're right about hardy. I had removed one and put on top of a
big pile of leaves and branches at the end of one season. 6 months later I
looked over there and it was coming back.
Good luck.
Bill

"Altum" wrote in message
et...
I can't get pickerel weed to grow. I thought it was sturdy stuff. It
languished last year. I got a few stalks and a bloom but it wasn't growing
fast or well. I think I had it too deep, submerged about 8". this year I
moved it to about 5", and finally to where the water is at its roots. It's
put out little shoots but the first batch rotted and the current shoots are
about 4" tall and have stopped growing.

It's in a pot of Schultz Aquatic Soil. The pot has holes in the bottom so
I put some weed cloth in it to hold the soil in. It's fertilized with a
water lily tablet. All my other plants are growing fine (gotta thin that
darned anacharis). What am I doing wrong?

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to reply.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com